Wednesday, October 18, 2006
sorry, mom. you can't count on me.
What does it mean when you don’t want to go home for Christmas? I submit that it depends upon your reasons. Let’s take a look at mine:
1) I have an obscene lack of motivation to fly anywhere except directly into my hometown;
2) To fly into my hometown will cost me over $600
3) There is no way in hell I’m spending $600 on a plane ticket.
4) I have an obscene lack of motivation to fly anywhere except directly into my hometown.
5) I know that 1 & 4 are identical.
6) Leave me alone.
7) The idea of holiday traveling makes me squirm like a 4 year-old in stake conference. Hate it. Don’t wanna. Just picture me sliding off my folding chair in the overflow/cultural hall area right now.
8) Now that I’m making more money, I kinda don’t wanna spend any of it.
9) What’s that about?
10) I’m eerily curious about what it would feel like to spend Christmas by myself.
So, as you can see, my reasons have nothing to do with not wanting to see my family, or not loving them. It’s more about….it’s…all it’s really about is….is just….
Heavens. It means I’ve become Ebenezer Scrooge.
When did this happen?
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]