Friday, December 08, 2006

it would've been the ultimate, but no...

To Mary:
Hello Mary, In an effort to minimize the amount of time I spend bumbling in front of theRelief Society each Sunday, the Relief Society presidency has asked that I find the musically talented women among us and arrange musical numbers forthe Christmas season. I was wondering if you would be interested in performing a musical number (solo, duet, etc.) during Relief Society on either the December 17th or 24th Sunday. Please do not feel obligated to do this in the least - I know it is a busy time and it is tough to be put on the spot. Just let me know if you are interested.
Best, RS Chorister Lady

To RS Chorister Lady:
1. I've never seen you "bumble."
2. Even if you ever did, I'm sure it would be enlightened and entertaining "bumbling."
3. I'd be happy to throw something together for December 17th, as I will be out of town on the 24th.
All the best,
Mary

To Mary:
Hi, Thank you very much! You are very kind. I have asked two other girls if they would like to participate. Either you could perform a number with them (assuming they say yes), you could perform a solo, or you could recruit a friend. You are the first to respond which means you get to set all the rules (though the presidency expressly forbids Metallica songs, oh well).
-RS Chorister Lady

To: RS Chorister Lady
Peggy and I will sing a Christmas hymn from the hymnbook. Obviously this was our second choice, because we were all set to give a stirring rendition of "Master of Puppets." Holiday style of course.
-Mary

Labels:


Comments:
Could you please do the "Master of Puppets" rendition anyways and record it for all of us to hear? I feel it would be very entertaining.
 
As a member of your Relief Society, I'd prefer "Enter Sandman" myself.
 
That really would be great Mary. Even better than when my family got commissioned to sing the Friendly Beasts in the Christmas program in Clovis. Were you there for that? My Dad singing the wrong verses of this ridiculous song?

My favorite memory was your family sitting the front pew laughing your heads off. Were you there for that?
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]