Friday, August 17, 2007
since last friday
- I nearly lost my Better Cheddars on the Fung Wah.
- I had a Greek man swear to divorce his wife for me. I asked the man if he had any children, and when he said he did, I laid into him for abandoning his family and devastating his own flesh and blood, all because a blonde chick bought a gyro. I really oughta lighten up.
- I briefly met a woman whose home in Haiti was destroyed, along with all her possessions. This faithful woman was in church on Sunday and asked her leaders for a priesthood blessing. I don’t know if I’ve ever come across anyone with greater faith.
- I learned why Mamma Mia is thriving in Vegas. (Thanks for that one, Michael.)
- I have three fewer cavities in my head.
- I found out I’m getting another one of these September 6th. Is there some sort of support group out there? For those who have genetically-inherited drama-prone teeth? Dad, I really really love you. And I’ll be thinking of you at 3:30 p.m. on the 6th, as they scrape out more of my roots with their little pins with my entire mouth braced open like a square for two straight hours using a metal device that looks like evidence produced at the Nuremberg trials, listening to Jim Croce tell me what he’d do with the time he saved, and wishing the dental technician had remembered her Tic Tacs that morning. Kisses, Pops.
- I got these!
From only one of the most fabulous bloggers I’ve read. Nat, you get me. You just…you just get me. Because now I would deprive crippled children of their toys for you.
Have a lovely weekend, chaps!
I spoke to a dentist friend once about it. He said that soft teeth is a bogus diagnosis. That he would pay more attention to whats in my diet. Or my kissing schedule. Swapping spit is apparently very healthy.
I think that was maybe a line.
Point being: I will be your support group.
I've even fell asleep during the last root canal--that's how jaded I am now--haha. The doctor wanted to give me a "best patient" award for that, but I had to tell him, the reason I fell asleep was because I'd just come from teaching high school all day and that any time I sat down I fall asleep
My good wishes and tic-tacs for the assistant go with you on the 6th.
Sarita: Great info! And since I refuse to stop eating crap, swapping spit sounds like the most agreeable solution to this problem. And all other conceivable problems.
Eden: Thanks for standing by me. Let's recite the serenity prayer. Ready?
So it should go something like this.....Apollonia, full of grace, protect us from the dental drill, or we'll spit upon your face. The little tube of noviccaine will take away all our pain, till our mouths retrun from being num, drooling will be so much fun. Amen.
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]